Private Soweto and Johannesburg Safe Tour
Experience the beauty of Johannesburg's tall buildings and the vibrant spirit of the Soweto people. Starting off in Johannesburg, where we will drive past the Mandela Bridge thereafter we proceed to Newtown; where we will visit the Museum Africa and make way to the Top of Africa in Carlton Centre. In our next stop in Johannesburg, we proceed to Constitutional Hill and learn more about South African history, there will be a short documentary to watch and sighting at the exhibition center. Still at Constitutional Hill, you will see the cell that Nelson Mandela and the Soweto Uprising students were kept.
We Proceed to the heart of Johannesburg - Soweto. Experience the combination of historical culture during this full-day guided Soweto tour. Discover the history and culture of Soweto township the heart and soul of Johannesburg, the township was established in the 1930s by the White government to separate Blacks from Whites & the first residents were located in Kliptown. However, Soweto is home to former President Nelson Mandela, the Hector Peterson Memorial, and restaurants. Visit Vilkazi Street well-known for the two Nobel-Prize winners, the late Nelson Mandela and Archbishop Desmond Tutu, visit the Nelson Mandela House where he spent a couple of nights upon his release after 27 years of imprisonment with his late former wife Winnie Mandela.
N.B. Apartheid Museum is closed due to COVID-19.
Do This Because:
A private local guide offering the best knowledge of Johannesburg and Soweto. This tour offers pick-up and drop-off at your hotel in a luxury air-conditioned vehicle. Discover the vibrant culture of Vilakazi Street the world-class street known for the two peace Nobel-prize winners. We proceed to Constitution Hill where guests will watch short documentaries and view the prison of Nelson Mandela. An amazing and authentic Top of Africa views at Calton Centre 50 skyscraper building.
- Tour of Johannesburg
- Private local guide
- Luxury air-conditioned vehicle
- Top of Africa at Carlton center
- Visit Constitutional Hill a former prison
- Visit the iconic street of Soweto
- Memorial center of Hector Pieterson
- Museum Africa at Newton
Inclusions and Exclusions
- English speaking guide
- Vehicle and fuel
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Bottled mineral water
- All meals and drinks
- Gratuities (Optional)
- All entrance fees to places of interest
- Items of personal nature
Know Before You Go:
- Children of all ages must be accompanied by an adult
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- 2 to 12 persons per vehicle
- Infants seats are available - Write in the notes how many
seats and age(s) of kids
- Most travelers can participate
What to Bring:
- A jacket or a jersey as the weather can change at any time
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Cash - South African currency (ZAR) and all major credits
cards are accepted at places of interests
- Sunscreen and a hat
- Camera or a full charged cellphone to capture memorable
We suggest that the guest reserve departure flight
accordingly on the last day of the tour not earlier than 19:30 for a domestic
flight & 21:00 for an international flight.