Kruger National Park
Welcome to Kruger National Park, South Africa:
Kruger National Park was established by Paul Kruger the president of Transvaal in 1898, taking to account that the Lowveld animals needed to be protected between the area of Sabie and Crocodile Rivers. Kruger National Park occupies Mpumalanga, the eastern border of Limpopo to the northern Zimbabwean border. Sabie Game Reserve & Shinwedzi Game Reserve merged in 1927 after the proclaiming of the National Park Act & became Kruger National Park. Kruger National Park is home to over a hundred bird species inclusive of the white-headed, white-backed vulture, and kingfisher, geese, hawks, owl. Stevenson-Hamilton Memorial Library at Skukuza has a collection of entrance fee accounts, ecologically orientated books, paints, and memorabilia. In Kruger, there are still remains of the cultural heritage sites of rock art sites, homo erectcus, and cultural artifacts. The park has an abundance of animal species from Africa's Big 5-lion, leopard, buffalo, rhino, and elephant and to Little 5-eastern rock elephant shrew, ant lion, leopard tortoise, red-billed buffalo, and rhino beetles. However, there are more animal species such as the giraffe, zebra, cheetah, and brown hyaena.
- Africa's largest game reserve safari
- Luxury accommodation
- Visit local center
- Stevenson-Hamilton Memorial Library
- Panorama Route
- Johannesburg return transfer or fly-in
- World-class safari experience
- Little ranger program
- Affordable packages
Why go to Kruger National Park:
- Experience the Park's fauna up close on a safari game drive, morning drives, sunset drives, afternoon drives
- The authentic wilderness trail experience staying in a rustic, primitive came and explore the African bush on foot
- Guided bushwalk up to 8 guests as professional guides share their knowledge of the fauna and flora
- The game traverser unfenced private game reserves in Kruger Nationa Park, thereafter, expect wildlife roaming freely at the lodge or camp
- Lodges and camps offer a different variety of safari experiences such as stargazing, wine tasting, spa, gym facilities, and little ranger program for the kids
- Sabi Sands offer guests luxurious lodges and camps ideal for couples traveling with children, honeymooners as well as solo travelers
- The best destinations in Kruger National Park offering a luxury safari experience to Sabi Sands, Timbavati, Klaserie, Kapama
- Escape Kruger National Park to Panorama Route includes sites to God's Window, Three Rondoval, Blyde River Canyon, Bourke's Luck Potholes
- Combine Kruger National Park tours with Cape Town, Swaziland, Victoria Falls, Botswana, and Mozambique
Best of Kruger National Park:
Unwind with the best Kruger National Park safari tour packages for an exclusive luxury safari experience. Our tailor-made tour packages are ideal for travelers looking for a memorable vacation to Africa’s largest game reserve and traveling on an affordable budget. Canaways Travel has partnered with top-notch lodges & professional rangers who have the best knowledge of the fauna and flora. These packages are very affordable for both budget & classic safaris, enjoy a stay at one of the luxury lodges in Sabi Sands Game Reserve MalaMala Game Reserve catering for couples with children, honeymoon travel as well as solo traveler.
Visit the unfenced Sabi Sands Game Reserve, Timbavati Nature Reserve, and Klaserie Private Nature Reserve allowing wildlife to traverse freely. Game drives are conducted on an open 4x4 vehicle and explore the reserve by foot guided by an experienced ranger and tracker. During the bushwalk safari guests have an opportunity to view the safari from a different angle, providing a memorable experience. Guests will encounter small species and a flavor of being one with nature. The lodges and camps that welcome children have programs set for the little one while the parents are out on a game drive, the little ranger program teaches children warning signs of dangerous animals and tracking animals. The lodges and camps prepare the best cuisine and they also give back to the local community as well as protecting the wildlife. Guests can fly to the nearest airport or opt for a return transfer from Johannesburg's surrounding areas in a luxury air-conditioning vehicle. Combine the Kruger safari experience with the Panorama Route tour to God's Window, Three Rondoval, Blyde River Canyon, Bourke's Luck Potholes. However, escape to Cape Town "the mother city" or experience of bush and beach which is inclusive of Kruger and Mozambique.
When is the best time to visit Kruger National Park?
Kruger National Park is considered a year-round tourist destination, however, it also depends on the interest as most people travel to see the wildlife. During the dry winter seasons from May to October get a very high chance of great game viewing and bush walks. The vegetation is low and scattered making it easy to spot and follow the wildlife. June to August which is the mid-winter stands as the most comfortable season to visit Kruger as there are fewer mosquitoes and rainfall, during the day the temperatures are very warm. Moving to the end of winter from September to October these months are often hot and humid conditions, however, guaranteed a chance of an abundance of wildlife by the water sources. The transformation of a green landscape and new-born wildlife, as well as the bird-watching safari, takes place during the summer rains from November ending around April.
South Africa is Calling your Name?
Let’s start planning your dream trip
Why Booking with Us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Financial Protection
- Tailor-made Safari & Tours